What do Eleanor Roosevelt and Natalie Portman have in common?
Quotes from the “We Are One” Solidarity Rally, Eleanor Roosevelt and Martin Luther King, Jr., April 4. 2011
Looking Back, Moving Ahead, 50th Anniversary of the President’s Commission on the Status of Women Report, U.S. Department of Labor, Forthcoming.
She Can Do This Work. So What’s the Problem? Women’s Review of Books, Sept/October, 2013.
Alice H. Cook, Labor Educator, American National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2013.
Human Rights Campaigns, In Sociology of Work: An Encyclopedia, Vicki Smith (Ed), Sage Publications, 2013.
Why the Person Building Your Next House Might Just Be a Woman, AlterNet, May 2013: www.alternet.org.
“Lean In” All You Want, But If You Want a Better Job Join a Union! AlterNet,/www.alternet.org, March 2013.
Postcards At The Edge, Live Chat Huffington Post, February, 2012, http://live.huffingtonpost.com.
4 Ways Workers Are Boldly-And Successfully-Fighting For Their Rights, AlterNet, www.alternet.org, December, 2012.
Teachers Strike Could Be The Best Lesson for Chicago Kids This Year, AlterNet, www.alternet.org, September, 2012.
Is This California’s Last Labor Day? AlterNet, www.alternet.org, September, 2012.
“You’ve Got Mail—Or Not,” AlterNet, August 4, 2012 http://www.alternet.org/story/156445/not_ready_you%27ve_got_mail_-_or_not_why_your_local_post_office_might_close_in_an_anti-worker_congressional_attack
“Why We Fight For Democracy In The Workplace,” AlterNet, June 22, 2012 http://www.alternet.org/labor/155842/why_we_fight_for_democracy_in_the_workplace_
Public Sector Unions
- “The Right to Join a Union“, from The Review, East Liverpool, Ohio, May 3, 2011
- American Rights At Work, April 6, 2011, The Right To Join a Union: From Eleanor Roosevelt to John Kasich
- Huffington Post, March 22, 2011, From The Triangle Fire to Wisconsin, Rights for Women Workers.
- Roosevelt Institute Cross Post, March 22, 2011, From the Triangle Fire to Wisconsin.
- MS Magazine Cross Post, March 23, 2011, From the Triangle Fire to Wisconsin.
- Roosevelt Institute, February 21, 2011, What Do Natalie Portman, Aaron Rodgers, Eleanor Roosevelt,and Wisconsin Workers Have in Common?
Women, Construction, Human Rights
- Roosevelt Institute, December 10, 2011, Eleanor Roosevelt’s Legacy
- Huffington Post, November 4, 2010, Women, Construction, Human Rights
- Roosevelt Institute Cross Post, November 4, 2010, Women Want to Work Construction
Labor Law Reform
- Roosevelt Institute, October 11, 2010, Eleanor Roosevelt and Labor Law Reform
- Journal of Workplace Rights, October 2010, Restoring Workplace Democracy: Eleanor Roosevelt and Labor Law Reform
Labor Day 2010
- United Steelworkers Union, Summer 2010, Eleanor Roosevelt, Friend of American Workers
- National Consumers League, September 2010, Labor Day’s Children
- Half Moon Bay Review, September 1, 2010, Labor Day marks significant victory in United States
Labor Rights, Human Rights, and the Massey Mine Disaster
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 23, 2010, Eleanor Roosevelt said it well: Workplace rights are human rights